- Beyond Utilization: Reimagining Providers As Consumers To Promote Hospital Price Competition May 18 blog from US Health Affairs blog, arguing that ACOs "have yet to produce substantial cost savings and are unlikely to directly confront the fundamental problem of high prices." It suggests using competition as a way to force down prices -- but lacks any serious evidence that this could work for health care in the USA.
- Are ACOs working? Experts disagree Varying assessments of the US version of ACOs, published by Kaiser Health News
- Capitation payment – international examples - compiled with McKinsey for Monitor
Intro states: 'As part of the development of payment approaches for Integrated Care, Monitor commissioned a review of some of the international examples of capitation payment'.
This research, supported by McKinsey & Company, has informed our thinking on how international models of care and payment approaches may hold relevant lessons for the NHS, ideas which we set out in our accompanying ‘Capitation: a potential new payment model to enable integrated care’.
NB the 'Integrated Care and Support Exchange (ICASE)' which was supposed to hold the supporting evidence and information has since been closed down and the links to it go nowhere.
- UNITEDHEALTH GROUP THIRD QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS - Press Release 2017
From the autumn of 2017, an insight in where the money is being made by Simon Stevens' former employers in the USA, seen by some as potential privatisers of the NHS
- UnitedHealth's Bid For Latin American Insurer Escalates Global Play Bruce Japsen
- Two Contrasting Opinions on Accountable Care Organizations By Vera Gruessner on August 25, 2016
- The Rocky Road For Value-Based Orthopedic Care In The U.S. By Benjamin Li, Valentina Lim, and Durugshan Wijayakumar
- The Economics of Medicare Accountable Care Organizations Erwin A. Blackstone, PhD; Joseph P. Fuhr Jr, PhD
- Primary care focus and utilization in the Medicare shared savings program accountable care organizations Herrel et al. BMC Health Services Research (2017) 17:139
- New Analysis - The ACO Landscape Today February 16, 2017 - Dr. Bruce Hamory and Josh Michelson
- The Trouble With Accountable Care Organizations Neoliberal critique of ACOs, by James C. Capretta, September 13, 2016
- Are Medicare ACOs Working? Experts Disagree Kaiser Health News 2015
- Costs of accountable care organization participation for primary care providers: early stage results Richard A. Hofler and Judith Ortizr
BMC Health Services Research 2016 16:315
- ACOs Rapidly Expand, But Cost and Quality Improvements Lag Behind Meir Rinde | June 08, 2017
- ACOs – Pros, Cons & Challenges of Accountable Care Brad McCarty
- ACO Winners and Losers: a quick take The blog of Ashish Jha
- Accountable Care Organizations In 2016: Private And Public-Sector Growth And Dispersion David Muhlestein and Mark McClellan
- Accountable care organizations: Who are the winners and losers? Ashish Jha, MD, MPH
- Accountable Care Organizations and the Affordable Care Act – Huffington Post blog
Showing the latest 30 records. Click here for ALL items